Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tennis: Tracking the Williams Sister

They're both making a return in Rome this week. So far both sisters have been doing their part and advancing through the draw in hopes of meeting each other in the semi-final (once again they're on the same side of the draw).

Serena beat Andrea Petkovic 6-2 3-6 6-0 to advance to the quarterfinals where she'll be playing Maria Kirilenko. Kirilenko's been killing it this tournament, upsetting seeds left and right, she could be dangerous for a self-proclaimed "rusty" Serena. Normally Kirilenko should be no problem for Williams as she often overpower her opponent, but Kirilenko is consistent enough that it might bring out a few error in Serena's game.



I like Serena's dress although I initially didn't didn't think much of it. There's something about her that adds a punch of flavor into something that would've normally be blend. So kudos to Serena. The color just look so vibrant compared to the clay, and I also like her new hair cut, not because it's short, but because she went light, I like her with lighter hair, reminds me of the good old days of 2002 to 2004 Serena.







Venus also won today! She beat Isreali Sharhar Peer 6-3 6-4 (I honestly thought it would've been much more difficult, but I heard this scoreline is a little misleading, so who knows). Venus next plays Jelena Jankovic, whom just gave a beat down today winning her match 6-0 6-2 in 59 minutes. Venus needs to be careful, Jelena likes clay and her steadiness usually cause a fury of errors out of Venus' racket. This one is rather up in the air especially since Jelena was struggling for so long until recently, we'll have to see if her confidence is fully recovered, if not, playing some like Venus might mess a little with her head.

But wha'ts not messing around is her on court style. Venus brought back her crowd favorite red/orange cancan/lingerie inspired Miami dress. I'm the biggest fan of this tennis dress, it's so chic yet is performance conscious and the color looks great on Venus and on the clay, it translates well from hard court to clay court.


Interesting fact: Serena was supposed to go the Met Gala and she said her dress was FABULOUS, who do you think she was going to wear?? (I wish I have enough reader to actually get a discussion going, haha)


I'm guessing it will not be her own design =) I had a feeling she might be wearing Victoria Beckham, or Zac Posen, but then I also had a hunch that she'd be wearing someone classic like Oscar De La Renta

No comments:

Post a Comment