Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fashion: More on Theysken/Theory Collaboration: I want to design for my friend

During a book signing with Olivier Theysken for his new book "The Other Side of the Picture", he revealed something about his upcoming capsule collection for Theory, something I am very interested and excited about. He told people that one of the reason he wanted to attach himself to this project is to produce something affordable and most importantly something his friends can afford. I love this angle, if I am a designer, I think my favorite scenario would be to see my friends able to afford my clothing. Of course I'd give them clothes for free, but there's something about being able to afford something and to buy it at free will that's so attractive and adrenaline pumping.

Here's an exert of the interview (courtesy of Style Bubble):

Speaking of paths, the news of course broke out all over the internet last night about you designing a collection for Theory. Obvious question - why Theory?
Olivier Theyskens: For a long time, I've been looking for a way of working with affordable fashion. I think Theory is the right brand to do this. It was a big intuition for me to do this Theyskens/Theory project - I'm super excited by it! I think today, you can find great things at a great price. As a designer, I'm not a guy that can be put in a niche. I'm a guy who can also put his mind to something more global and accessible. Also, I've always been hoping that my friends can buy what I design.

Can you give us any hints about the collection? Any glimpses to the collection?
Olivier Theyskens: I think today's news is already a big glimpse!

Read the rest of the interview here at StyleBubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment