Friday, July 2, 2010

Tennis: Wimbledon Men's and Women's Final decided!

Men's final:

Rafael Nadal (def. Andy Murray) vs. Tomas Berdych (def. Novak Djokovic)

I was so wrong with my prediction, not only the losers in my prediction ended up winning their matches, my 5 sets prediction all ended up being straight sets victories, but not without some drama and close calls.

Now that the final is set, in my previous prediction post, I wasn't able to pick a winner until the semi-finals are done, and I think (which I'll probably be wrong...) the winner will be Tomas Berdych!!! Not only has Berdych beaten Nadal before, he's playing too well to not win, and his mental strength has proven to be much improved as he has shown in his semi-final match earlier today.

Womens Final:

Serena William (def. Kvitova) vs. Vera Zvonareva (def. Pironkova)

The winner will be Serena, she's going to peak in the final, and there's no way Zvonareva will have much to offer. Not saying the match won't be competitive, in fact it'll probably be a close one, but Serena will more than likely pull through and defend her Wimbledon title and thus continuing the Williams sister's dominance in Wimbledon for the last 10 years, only 1 out of the past 10 years has there not been a Williams in the ladies' singles Final.

No comments:

Post a Comment