Monday, July 19, 2010

Fashion: A long shopping day

Today I went around town to collect clothes for the upcoming photo shoot that I'll be styling. A few days back I brought my sister along, my pseudo-assistant, and she came back saying it was much more difficult than she had imagined, it involved much more thinking than she had anticipated, at least not for shopping.

Anyway, for today, I went to downtown to two vintage/trend shops, Cinema and Virgo, and they lend clothes for a 20% restocking fee. Since I'm new to this, I'm sure there are better deals to be found elsewhere, but since I don't know much being a newbie and all, this is pretty good. I have to say, being able to just point at items and just say "I want this" "That one's nice, I'll take it" is pretty nice =).

My last stop of the day was Buffalo Exchange at Sherman Oaks. It's one of my favorite store in the valley. This particular one boast a wide selection of style (though they don't swing far from the general B.E. aesthetics), and maybe I can even style the whole shoot there =) The store staffs were nice enough and patient enough to help me throughout the process and they even waived the restocking fee!! Thank you God! And check out what I saw among the racks!

I love JC!!

King James Version

I think I have all I need for the shoot, obviously a bit more options would be nice too. So, fitting tomorrow night, then shooting Wednesday night, ahh, so nervous yet excited at the same time. I know if I do my best and leave the rest in God's hands then I will be better than alright.

Here are some pictures of the things I stumbled across today.

Kenneth Cole, vibrant color and a feel of luxury (for $18 haha)

Marc by Marc Jacobs, a great contrast between classic shape and gold studs

Nine West, love the red and gray, a great pair of fall transition shoes

Big summer wedge trend

Steve Madden, a sensual and sexy purple hue

Awesome Onitsuka Mid-tops (not my size)

If you use your own bag at Buffalo Exchange, you get a 5 cent token to donate to 1 of 3 charities available in the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment